Product Information Management Systems aggregate all of your product data in one singular location. This can include:
- Product Names and SKUs
- Technical information like dimensions and specifications
- Rich product descriptions that can be easily displayed on the website
- All media files including images, videos and PDFs
- Using our channels feature, you can store the same products with different variations to the data, for example, another language.
- Category trees for the products which are easily customisable
- Sales information like prices
- Supplier and manufacturer data
- Automatically generated datasheets for your products
- Computed attributes allow you to store data that is automatically generated using formulas. For example, a calculated sales price based on adding a percentage to a cost price. Another use case is for generating short descriptions of products like the Name, Colour and Size.
- ETIM Classifications
- Attribute groups are used to easily manage all of this data in a clean and easily manageable way
OneTimePIM has a range of different attribute types to store all of this Information and validation rules can be put in place for each attribute to eliminate mistakes.
- Metrics are used for measurement. We have a huge range of metric types, and the units are family specific. For example, height can be measured in centimeters for one family while being measured in meters for another.
- Select and multi-select attributes allow you to input 'options' that can be chosen from a dropdown menu. Select means only one can be chosen while multi-select means several can be chosen. For example, if you have a select number of brand names and never want to deviate from one of these. Thus, you can't import data that isn't one of these brand names which eliminates spelling errors or mistakes.
This range of product information that the PIM stores benefits each department in different ways, but benefits the organisation as a whole through easier collaboration within these departments.
- Marketing Teams: Consistent product information across all channels leading to a consistent brand image, better ROI on marketing campaigns due to better information distributed to consumers, and easier to design catalogues and datasheets.
- Data Teams: Easily import, store, manage and export all product information in one single location.
- Technical Teams: Easily modify product specifications and ensure they are correct. Implement validation and permissions rules to ensure these specifications are accurate and not tampered with. When launching new products it is made easier to input the specifications.
- E-Commerce Teams: Easy transfer of up-to-date, consistent and accurate data to the website. If your e-commerce website is hosted with Shopify, WooCommerce or Magento, we have custom built connectors for these sites.
- Management: Easier decision making due to easily accessible data and easier to decide to scale due to quicker processes.