How is OneTimePIM’s Magento connector different?
- Runs 100% within the PIM so you can run an update immediately or schedule it to be done at a certain time every day
- Tells you exactly which changes were made to every product value of every product and stores a history of updates
- Performs incremental updates that are much faster than full runs or imports
- Handles Image Roles and Image ordering
- Synchronises product categories in the PIM and Magento
- Can synchronise related products
- Can update multiple stores with different data needs at the same time
Why have a separate PIM system from Magento for product information?
- Managing product information and images is much easier and faster in a purpose-designed tool
- You can send your data to other channels such as Amazon or partner companies, as well as Magento
- You can easily create data feeds into the PIM from other systems such as ERP
- You have a single source of truth for all your data that is not obscured by the requirements of a single e-commerce platform
- You can store attributes that are not relevant to your e-commerce storefront. For example, background costs, logistics/supplier information and technical details.
Magento is an e-commerce software site builder owned by Adobe, designed to make it easier for business owners to develop an online store without previous website experience. So, naturally lots of small businesses owners use the platform to build a digital presence. In fact, nearly 200,000 businesses use Magento for the website. This means it’s beaten only by WooCommerce and Shopify (which we have Connectors for too!) for e-commerce market share.
Magento is a great e-commerce platform but has not been designed for Product Information Management. It can be very tedious and time consuming to add new products and their data and media. The OneTimePIM Connector will automatically synchronise product data between the PIM and your Magento e-commerce store. This will literally increase your productivity by ten times or more.